Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Friday, November 11, 2011

He Got Your Letters!

Hey Family/Friends/Stalkers!
This week was kinda rough. But funny thing about that is yesterday I was way down in the dumps and I got a letter from the Murphies which cheered me up, thank you by the way, and then I got some really awesome muffins from Angie, thanks for that too, and I got a really inspiring Dear-elder from Jordan, muchos gracias. It's funny how everything is sort of provided for me here when I need it. Whether it be inspiration, clothes hangers (I found a closet full), hair gel, money, the gift of tongues, you can find it here. Being a servant of the Lord is awesome. I would highly recommend it to you all.
Speaking of which, I decided that the reason I am here is because I love the lord and Heavenly Father and I want to serve them. That's it. Also I love humanity and I want to serve them too, and those two coincide. Forget everything else, it really just comes down to those two. I feel good about that.
Anyway, another really cool thing about the MTC is the firesides. They are a load of fun. It's really interesting to get yelled at by a general authority. I hadn't had the experience of getting yelled at in a talk before and I can honestly say I love it. Call me weird.
Also I was humbled when a friend of mine sent me a Dear-elder in Spanish and I had no idea what it said, because the guy used some kind of slang. I had to get my Chilean teacher to translate it for me. It turns out the Mexicans are just as weird at picking slang words as the Americans are. Carnal=Man/bro? WHAT?!?
Well, nothing else interesting of note happened this week, so I'm going to fill up space by writing an ode to my awesome brother, Parker Call.
Parker, you are the salt of the earth. I know our relationship has been tenuous at times (I knocked him out one, maybe two times), but I honestly think that you are awesome. One of the things I miss here in the MTC is you, because you were always around and it just feels weird without you. You tend to brighten the day of the people you come in contact with (usually), and you have some really intersting insights about life and Man eating pirahnas and stuff. Everyone, I would reccomend talking with/hanging out with/complimenting Parker Call in the next week. You won't regret your decision. Parker, you're always going to be my right hand man, or I'll be your left hand man, whichever you prefer. I love you buddy. Stay Strong!
That goes for the rest of you!
Adios! (I found out that adios means "With God", a-dios. Pretty Cool)
Elder Call
Editor's note (Parker): ah, the times we had together, man. I'm glad people are sending letters. By the way, Joe knocked me out more than two times.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Joe. Parker is the BEST and i miss all the times we hung out together when we lived in the loft last year.

    ReplyDelete