Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

He survived!

Hola,
I survived my first week here at the MTC. It's truly remarkable how much Spanish everybody learns in just a few days. We finished teaching Carlos and he agreed to be baptized, it turns out that he was our real teacher, Hermano Duran. He is a really cool guy. He's Chilean, and he's been off his mission for 5 months and he speaks English Spanish and Chinese. Sorry Megan, I don't think he is single. I may be wrong. Look into it when you come to Provo.
Anyway, I haven't got any letters from any of you. Let me remind you that if you all don't send me letters then I'll probably forget about you and find replacement you's here on my mission. I know that may be A. Weird B. Impossible C. Wrong, but you know what, it's your own fault for not writing me.
I got to go on the temple today. It was super awesome because everything spiritual in my life is under a magnifying glass. I've been more emotional here in the 8 days I've been on a mission than I have been in my whole life I think. It's pretty crazy.
In the last post I wrote about how the MTC beats the crap out of physical labor. dan wrote back to me: "Now you know how Jean Valjean felt when he left the quarry to devote his life to god!". Ha ha it's so appropriate given my previous job at the stone factory, with a bunch of convicts.
Although, sometimes I miss being a workman. But not really. I like my life right now. No fooling.
The MTC is incredibly diverse. I see Japanese people walking around all the time and there is a British woman behind me talking about how she is a huge nerd and how Starship Troopers was the first movie to give her nightmares.
But I digress and I'm out of time. Keep me in your prayers!


Editor's note (Parker): I think Joe loves it there. *snicker, snicker*

1 comment:

  1. Elder,
    I am excited you will have a blog. I hope your trusty editor will keep up his good work. You sound happy. I will try and write you periodically. It looks like you will be spending Christmas in the MTC. I've heard that is one of the most awesome times in the MTC.
    As Cameron would say, "Hurrah For Israel!"

    ReplyDelete