Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Noble and great ones

Blog post:
Well, yesterday was the baptism of Alex. It was very, very spiritual. I'm sure that he is one of the noble and great ones that it talks about in the Pearl of Great Price. He doesn't speak good spanish, so he attends an English Ward. It was really weird attending a service in English. It actually made me kind of nervous.
Things have been a little slower lately, but I'm sure that this is temporary. I still feel really happy about the work. It's really cool to see how much an effect the words you say can have on people as a missionary. We were teaching this teenage girl, and every time we said something, she looked as if she was really taken aback, almost like our words cut deep into her soul. Unfortunately, in her case, all of her worldly doubts kept winning out. It's really sad to see someone who gets a spirtual witness of the truth turn it down. We'll see what happens with her. It's aspecially fun to pause for a little bit after you tell the Joseph Smith story, or the first vision, and observe their responses. You can use that to see who has deaf spiritual ears, or to see who isn't listening with their real ears.
But yeah, the Gospel is true. When the spirit carries words to somebody who isn't a pharisee, it will show them the truth. I've seen it. I love my work, and I hope all you that are thinking of serving missions do it. I love you all!
Elder J Call

No comments:

Post a Comment