Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Cool Guy

Hello Everyone! I got a new companion, Elder Jensen, who is from Logan Utah. He's a really cool guy, I like how bold he is. This week we've been knocking on a lot of doors on the Indian Reservation. It was really fun, but we got chased by many dogs. My companion taught me that you can sometimes scare dogs away by reaching on the ground like you are going to pick up a rock. By the end of the night there was this dog "dogging" us. My comp had to pick up a big stick to keep it away, and I'm going to start carrying around a bike chain in my backpack. So pray for me that I don't get missionaries banished forever from the rez. Another thing, I was trying to get the mail the other day but there was a police barricade surrounding the post office. Apparently someone sent a mail bomb to the office, but luckily there happens to be a bomb squad about an hour north of Lone Pine, and there were able to disarm it with about 45 minutes left. That certainly doesn't happen everyday in Lone Pine, but they say it has happened once before. But don't worry, they also say that they caught the bomber this time. In less scary but more spiritual news, this week was kind of a bummer as far as missionary work goes. But, all this bad stuff happening just means that some good things are about to happen. Always there is opposition in all things, right? Still, I feel that through all these things my faith is growing. I came to a realization the other day. I think it would be easy for me to go to South America and Africa and sit on dirt floors and baptize someone every week, but that is not my calling. The Lord wants me to be over here, in Cali, where it's kinda tough (but not too tough) because he knows whats best and he knows that this is going to be the best thing for me. He knows that in the big, grand scheme of things, this is where the most good will be done. Well, adios muchachos! Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment