Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

He teared up...

Hey Everybody! This week was interesting. This area is so far away from everything the whenever there is a zone conference or temple trip or anyhthing, we have to make it a two day trip and stay the night at another missionaries pad. Which is fun, but it hinders us a little bit. Every week this transfer we've had to do that. Last week it was because we were saying goodbye to the old mission pres, President Martin. He gave us a training that he usually gives to the departing missionaries on how to make money and get married. It made me a little trunky, ha ha. But at the end of the training we sang the song "God be with you till we meet again", #152. I wrestled for 5 years and never cried. I worked at a stone factory for 5 months, and never cried. Incidentally there was a guy there that cried every friday. They say that I didn't cry a whole lot when I was a baby. But as we were saying the prayer in that training, I started sniffling and tearing up. I'm gonna miss that guy a lot. He was a true man of God, and we all loved him. But things are still going good in this area. I hope I get to stay for a good, long time. Also, on Saturday as we were eating dinner, we got a call from a memeber of the Branch, who said that we needed to drive about 20 minutes and give this lady a blessing. So we did, and we talked to this lady who had been broke down in this little town in the middle of nowhere, who also happened to be having some health problems. She told us that she went to the gas station and asked the attendant if he knew any Mormons. The attendant was the guy who called us, which is pretty crazy considering that there are not many in that town and she was the first person she talked to. My compaion gave her the sweetest, most spiritual blessing ever. He didn't know anything about her but nailed down a couple of other things she was worried about the didn't have to do with her health. Apparently she got better after that. It was a really cool expirience. But anyway, I wish you all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment