Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

"In Field Orientation"

Hey Friends/Family!
So today I have this thing called in field orientation, which is like a 13 hour long workshop. they gave us a two hour long break for lunch and told us to write an email. So here I am. Today is not my P-Day. I may be able to write again tomorrow on my real P-Day but I don't know how kosher that would be.
So I am leaving the MTC next Wednesday, and I can tell you that I am STOKED. I actually have to leave the MTC at 5 in the morning. So anyone that I would call at the airport (My immediate family) take note, you might be receiving a phone call at like 6 or maybe 7.
So things back home are changing rapidly and stuff, and oftentimes I get kinda worried about what is happening with the outside world. This can lead to me being a tad unfocused and stuff. so my new goal for my mission is to eventually reach a state of mission nirvana. I dunno how familiar you guys are with Buddhism, but Preach my Gospel gives a very brief definition: "...Nirvana (is) a state if oblivion to care, pain, or external reality." I guess I don't wanna do exactly that and be oblivious or anything, I guess I could define "Mission Nirvana" as totally getting lost in my work, and stop worrying about things that I haven't got one iota of control over that happen 100's of miles away, and to find joy in what I am doing. Well, that's my goal. I'll have to see if I can do it or not.
I'm not trying to say I don't care about you guys, or that I don't want letters anymore. In fact I just got a letter from Shannon Kelson, thanks Shannon, that really cheered me up a bit. I also got a package from an absolutely awesome group of people, you guys are awesome and I greatly, greatly appreciate the contents of that package. I wish I could reciprocate.
I'm sad to say for the last week or so I've abandoned the push up thing. Well, it had a good run. I learned lots of Spanish.
sometimes i think I might miss it here. But probably not. I've always had a bit of a problem with being restless, and the thought of having an entire area with which I can do whatever I want with is pretty exciting. I mean I can walk out the door of my apartment, and go north, south, east, or west, and preach the gospel to whoever i come in contact with. It sounds like a dang fine life to me. I know mission life isn't gonna be exactly like that, and it would probably suck if it was, and that I've never been in the actual field, but that's just the image and attitude I have in my head.
Anyway, I appreciate you all, pray every day and read the scriptures and stuff.
Elder Call.

Editor's Note: "Mission Nirvana" Joe, it seriously sounds like a military operation. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment