Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Monday, February 6, 2012

"I was a fighter"

Dear friends,
This week we made some progress. My companion is leaving me today, and I'm getting a new one today also. I don't really know anything about him except that his name is Elder Souza and he is from Brazil. Yesterday was my companions last day of proselyting, and the lord first blessed us with getting invited into a house and the opportunity of giving a sick man a blessing, and then also getting invited into another house of a really nice guy who had been drinking a little bit. The Superbowl was playing in the background, so we started talking about sports, and I mentioned "Yo era un luchador" Which means "I was a wrestler" in Spanish, but it can also mean "I was a fighter", so all the sudden he gets up and starts pretending to throw karate chops at me, making all kinds of weird karate noises. After that, someone gave us pupusas, which is a delectable Salvadorian tortilla cheese ball thing, which was an awesome end to an awesome Sunday.
I'm gonna miss Elder Vazquez I think. He was an awesome missionary. Throughout the course of six weeks we didn't even have one disagreement. The guy who had been drinking was even surprised at that. Also, during his last 6 weeks, even when I was teasing him about going to school and girls, he still didn't get trunky and still worked hard all the time. What a guy.
Anyway, that's my peace.
Elder Joseph Call

Editor's note: Delectable Salvadorian tortilla cheese ball... *mouth water*

No comments:

Post a Comment