Address

Address is Classified, by order of the boss.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fear Not

Hey Guys!
We had a really good week this week. We got a lot of stuff done.
Also, I love the food that these Latinos make for us. It's frankly fantastic. But, I guess that I reached that point in every missionary's career where he has to eat something gross. Yeah, I ate some chipulines. Those are grasshoppers. I admit, after I tasted one, they aren't that bad, they put lime and chile on them. but I still ate a creature that I thought was only fit for survivorman.
I guess the spiritual thing that happened to me this week was that I woke up one morning and just felt down in the dumps. My hands were down by my knees and my feet were dragging. My shoulders were round, all that jazz. So, like a good missionary, I got on my knees and prayed. Somehow, by the end of that plea to god, I stood up feeling ecstatic. Which is very important, because people are way more likely to let you into their houses when you don't look like you want to hurt them, which apparently happens to me sometimes.
So yeah guys, this is how God works. We do what we can, and he'll bear us up the rest of the way. Like the song says, "Fear not, I am with thee, o be not dismayed, for I am thy god, and will still give thee aid. I strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand. Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."
That is one of my favorite songs. I sing it a couple times a day usually.
So I feel pretty optimistic about everything. Maybe if I'm lucky, one of these transfers I'll get moved up to the mountains. I just can't get used to the LA nature sounds. I'm gonna buy some earplugs today to block out all the sirens and speeding cars. Yeah, that was a bit of a tangent, but I hear sirens right now.
So, everyone, be happy!

Editor's note:I love grasshoppers...

No comments:

Post a Comment